Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Transformation

Everyone who knows me understands that I have a passion for running.  Most people also know that I have a passion for sewing (embroidery, digitizing...) as well.  Last year and for most of this year I have had to temper my running due to an injury.  Sewing has kept me sane- or retain some sanity at least.  I decided to start up a small digitizing business as well called Hug Longer Digital Designs. I do generic and custom designs. You can find me on Facebook- Hug Longer Digital Designs Facebook page and on Etsy as well Hug Longer shop.  Because I am now using my sewing area more I have had some challenges with organization.  I share the room with a treadmill and running paraphernalia.  It was beginning to feel as if the walls were closing in with stuff everywhere.  Something had to change.  I was challenged by an organization event to get things cleaned up and I got serious.

Here is the Before picture of my sewing area, it is embarrassing to even share!

I found some fabric that I LOVED from Michael Miller Fabrics (although there are 3 Michael Millers in my family the fabric company is no relation to me or mine...wishful thinking as they have so many beautiful fabrics!).  You can check out Michael Miller Fabrics here:Michael Miller Love to Sew collection  I knew that I wanted to make table curtains to cover my fabric storage areas and thought it would be nice to have a matching serger cover and ironing board cover.  Once my fabric arrived I could barely wait!  Since the patterns were fairly easy to make I did them myself.  Here are a few of the after pictures.


I would say that it is very much improved!

Now for some more good news......My foot has healed and my running is picking up :)

Dear sewing machines and digitizing programs....you now have to share a bit more of your time with my other passion.  When I am not sitting with you I am probably up in the mountains playing :)


No comments:

Post a Comment